Wednesday, January 05, 2005


Alias Premiere

Well we are just hours away now from the season premiere of Alias. This show, created by JJ Abrams has what they call a "cult" following, which means that even though the audience isn't huge, it's devoted. The show delayed it's season premiere till January (most likely to give it's star - Jennifer Garner more time to make movies) and it lost it's Sunday night slot to Desperate Housewives. But it's back now and it will be paired with Abrams' other hit show, Lost, every Wednesday. It's all about marketing baby! Obviously ABC hopes to hook the audience show bases together. Doesn't matter to me since I love both shows. I think I like them because while both have a lot of mythology to the shows - with Rembaldi on Alias, and well, who knows what on Lost - they have depth not often seen on network television. People today often drop in and drop out of their favorite shows. If you do that on Alias, you'll be lost instead of entertained. I like a show that makes me watch, makes me think and makes me carve time out to sit and watch.

So if you haven't checked it out - tonight 9 pm EST