Thursday, January 13, 2005


Television and me

I love to watch TV. Now it's not like I don't like to do other things. I also love to read and scrapbook and chase after my kids, but in the evenings, when I want to relax - I love my television. I made a big deal out of the Alias premiere the other night so I felt like I needed to come back to that thread. But I have to tell you - LOST is giving Alias a run for my primary affections.

I'll start with Lost. I am so intrigued by this series. There's so much we don't know and I care about these people and what happens to them. The troubled doctor, the beautiful girl with a sordid past, the bad boy, the lost boy, the pregnant girl...

Then there's Alias, with a history that you practically need a Cliff's Notes cheat sheet to keep up with. I liked it...I really did...but it's probably mostly out of habit because I was kind of irritated that they made me wait for almost eight months to find out how a story line turned out and then wrapped it up with a tossed off two-line statement. Ughhh! You can't spend three seasons looking for the Rembaldi artifact and then say, "Oh yeah. We found it and gave it to the US government"!

But all in all, for television that engages you, Lost and Alias are worth the time. Of course, for those of you who don't want to be engaged and simply want to laugh or veg out - I'll leave you all the masses amounts of really bad sitcoms out there nowadays. There might be a couple of decent ones out there but for the most part - they're really bad, and some of it quite disturbing. But somebody must be watching them...

probably not you all though:-)