Monday, July 16, 2007


Home, Home to the Heat

I never would have believed that the weather in Atlanta was actually better than it is here in Virginia. And while I'm finally able to add an update , I have to do it quickly since I hear thunder coming this way.

I had a good time, for the most part. Here I am with Camy Tang at the ACFW dinner, where we had a very good time, laughing. Actually, I have lots of pictures of Camy and I being silly. Thank goodness for silly friends! In fact, Tricia Goyer must have a ton of pictures since I rarely saw her without her camera!















Camy Tang & me





Tricia Goyer armed with her camera.
And Brandilyn Collins enjoyed eating some chocolate cake.






I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have. Honestly, it was because I felt very out of place all weekend. I felt welcomed and included and encouraged, but couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't quite belong there this week.



I am in "no contract" land. And while I have reconciled myself to that fact, I felt a little like a lurker on the edge.


And like every CBA I've been to, there were days I felt sad and overwhelmed, and days that I felt content. It's always a little like a roller coaster and the longer I go on in this crazy business, the more I realize that I am not alone in feeling that way. Lots of people have confessed to feeling just this sort of thing.


I did manage to meet a lot of amazing people, including Nancy Rue!











Ah, well more later, there is definitely a storm headed this way! Gotta go unplug!