Tuesday, August 23, 2005


Free at last...

Oh to be finished!

I packed up my top picks from the fifty books that came a while back for judging and e-mailed my critiques today. I feel like doing a dance I'm so happy to be done with it.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a ton of things to do, but I love checking things off my list. I get this great feeling of satisfaction from rubbing it out and being finished. In fact, that's why I make the lists in the first place - just for the satisfaction of checking it off. Well, that, and the fact that I'm way more forgetful these days than I used to be. I'm really not that old - but three pregnancies and too many things going on have done me in! I drove my daughter to a gymnastics class today that doesn't start until next week.

Which means I have to put it back on my list.

I think my obsession with lists is part of the reason why laundry frustrates me so much. It's really never done. And it's only "done" for a half a day, at most. It's kind of depressing.

So while one big project is finished, six others are looming. I've started on all of them but have not finished any of them. I'm going to have to, bad word alert!, discipline myself and stick with one at a time and get them completed. It's so easy when there are a number of big projects to just jump to another one when you get stuck on the one you're working on. It helps stay fresh but it doesn't knock any off the list.

I used to be big on goal-setting. And for some it's a very effective strategy. (I just tend to feel more guilty when I don't accomplish my impossible goals.) But nevertheless, I'm making a goal - tackle one project at a time.

I'll keep you posted:-)

Tonight though, I'm giving myself a celebration break! Trust me, I desreve it. You should have seen some of the books I had to read!