Saturday, September 02, 2006


Worth Renting...

Recently I've seen two decent movis that surprised me.

Poseidon (Okay I had to look that up to spell it right. Sigh)

It was a little campy and unrealistic but frankly, what action movie isn't. And I happened to enjoy this one. It made me nervous throughout. Not everyone survives. And the effects were pretty cool. The only character I hated was Kevin Dillon's obnoxious character. Frankly, there was nothing redeeming about him and it made Kevin just look like a really bad actor. I also found out watching the little feature at the end that they filmed this movie in continuity. That means that insetad of skipping around through the story and filming the logical thing (another scene on the same set for example), they filmed this movie from beginning to end. I thought that was pretty neat. It's a great popcorn movie.

V for Vendetta

I honestly had no idea what this movie was about and I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner. What fascinated me about it was this film's idea of what the future might be like. And knowing what we know will happen in the end times, it was interesting to watch a movie where a "God-fearing" man kills 100,000 people to gain power and rules over them with fear. AntiChrist anyone? Anyhow. It's a good movie. There are parts that get a little bloody and some swearing - but if you're a grown-up and you can handle that, give this one a try. It kept me up last night wanting to finish it.