Saturday, January 02, 2010


30 Day Shred (AKA Don't take 2 days off)

I completed Day 8 on Dec 30 (and since that was my birthday I was extra happy I still got that workout in. But today I had to really force myself to do Level 1/day 9 of the Shred today because I bailed on the 31st and 1st. One day off can be refreshing. Two days off is dangerous. It's just too easy to stay on that road of "not doing it".

Lesson 1 - Get it done early! I probably could have done my workout yesterday if I had completed it when I first got up. Because I didn't, and the day was busy, I was just too mentally exhausted to get in gear to do it later.

Lesson 2 - Keep focused. Anytime my focus drifts, it gets too easy to forget why it's important. It's sort of just like needing to focus on God each and every morning - so that our gaze doesn't drift to meaningless pursuits.

Lesson 3 - It's easier to stick with it than pick it back up. Working out today was tough despite it being my ninth time through. Those two days off weren't wise.

So tomorrow is Day 10 - Level 2 looms on Monday...I'm afraid to watch it. I don't even want to know what I'm in for:-)

Happy New Year!!