Tuesday, May 03, 2005


The Worldwide Church

Finally back to blogging!

I had Internet troubles and that's putting it mildly. It's pretty sad how dependent I've become on my Internet access - probably also tells me that I spend too much time online.

But the Internet is such an amazing tool! Over the weekend I got to meet someone that I had met over the Internet. We had some mutual ideas and so we met for coffee after talking on the phone. I was pleasantly surprised to find a true kindred spirit, a new friend, and had it not been for the Internet I don't know how we would have ever met since we live hundreds of miles away from each other. Yes, before the Internet, God was quite capable of getting people to where they needed to be, butI can't help but think that the Internet opens up so many more possibilities. Not only to build relationships with one another, but for bringing unity to the Body of Christ.

As with most things, the Internet has some truly awful things on it. Satan will always try to taint and spoil anything he can. But instead of simply driving us away, Christians should continue to look for the potential that lies in this marvelous tool. And I think we've only scraped the surface because in many ways, we are still very disjointed and disconnected from one another. We still tend to divide ourselves over the differences instead of finding our similiarities. Maybe we would be saltier and lighter if we truly learned what it means to be part of a body - not a whole body by ourselves.

Anyhow, it's good to be back. Blessings to you on this Monday!