Tuesday, June 21, 2005


Superwoman...or not...

Sometimes I feel like I should throw a red cape over my shoulders and just run around the house. I am not Superwoman but I seem to try to play her role. The last few weeks have been so overwhelming and my list of things I need to do just seems to grow longer and longer.

And there are days like today when I can either become paralyzed by having too much to do and actually do nothing...or I need to sit down and take a look at it all and let God help me figure out the priorities.

What needs to be finished first?

And after that?

Focus on today, and what you can accomplish right now - it's great advice, but that's harder than it sounds. It's so easy to gaze out in front of you and feel like some things will never get done.

And ultimately, I need to do only what God has asked me to do and let go of the rest. Also not so easy for a first-born, Type-A, everything's gotta be perfect, kind of girl.

Come to think of it, maybe that's exactly what God may be trying to tell me...