Tuesday, October 25, 2005


Easy Decisions

It's always easier to make decisions between something that is good and bad. I don't have to think or agonize over whether I should steal something from the grocery store or not. That's easy.

It's the decisions that aren't easy that torment me. The ones where there are advantages and drawbacks either way I go. I know that prayer is the answer, that I should take those burdens to God. And I do. However, He's not always as quick to answer as I'd like. So while I'm waiting for that answer, I find it hard not to swirl around in the pros and cons and practicalities of the decision I'm facing.

Yet I know that sometimes, that peace doesn't actually come until we've taken a step forward. Everything in my life lately seems to be stretching my faith.

God is asking, "Do you trust me?"

And I, like the father of the possessed boy, cry out, "I believe! Help me with my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)

Without faith, it is impossible to please God. I know that faith is important to God. Yet the trying and testing of our faith, well, that's not so much fun. My hope is that in the end, it will make me more like Him and that He'll find me faith-full.

The lesson is in pouring it all out unto God until He lifts the burden. Often, it's not a one-time prayer, but a continual acknowledgement that I don't have the answers, but that I know He does. And I'm going to keep coming, again and again.

So go to the One who has the answers. He's always faithful to us.