Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Look Up!



I don't know about you, but it seems like when things go wrong in my life, they are ALL going wrong. Pressure seems to come from every side until I feel like I can't move or speak. And it's the kind of pressure you can't really do anything about except for wait on God.

And waiting on God isn't always easy.

The longer I walk with God, the more I am aware that God is after my faith. He wants me to believe in Him no matter what I am facing, no matter what I see in front of me. I feel Him calling me to praise Him even in the hard times and the desert places.

One of my favorite worship songs is from Matt Redman...

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord


Still I will say - blessed be Your name. As I prayed the other night, weary and tearful, God comforted my heart with a psalm - "I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber." (Psalm 121)

Isn't that amazing? I lift up my eyes to the hills.

It's what Noah did as he watched the flood waters recede.

It's what Abraham did as he went to give his son back to God.

It's what Jesus did as He made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Guess it puts it all into a little perspective. So even though nothing in my circumstances has really changed, I'm looking up instead of around me. And THAT is what makes all the difference.