Sunday, November 27, 2005


Becoming Beka: The Movie

One question. Why do I always wait until a deadline is staring me in the face to get working???

If I had the answer to that, I'd be a lot less stressed. So, needless to say, I am now forty days from the screenplay deadline. Forty days is such a - Biblical number. But it's not much time at all.

Not to say I haven't been working on it. I've got a decent outline and I've had scenes playing in my head as if I were actually directing the thing. But as far as the actual screenplay - just two words - FADE IN - not that I really need those, I just wanted to get something on the page.

I downloaded Final Draft (I finally broke down and bought it because I can't stand the software I've been using and Final Draft allows me to creat a PDF file so that I can get others to read it and give me their brutally honest opinion.)

I'm ready to go.

Sort of. You see, once I realized that this was the movie I needed to write I was really excited. But now that I'm faced with actually writing and submitting it, I'm now struggling with fear - all the same ones (will it stink?) and some new ones (what if I'm not cut out for this?) It's never easy to put your work out there, but I don't want to lower my expectations just to avoid disappointment. I want to go for it. For once in my life I want to throw myself into something because I want to, and forget about the outcome.

Today is a new day, though.

And today I will start writing.

After all, nothing will happen if I don't get it written. Oh yeah, and since I have to mail the entry that takes a couple more days off the time I have...

Here's to the beginning...


You can also check out my posts today at 4:12 LIVE and Christian Authors Network.