Tuesday, January 05, 2010


30 Day Shred (AKA Yes, Jillian, My heart is gurgling in my throat)

So I started with Level 2 - Day 1 yesterday and finished Day 2 today.

Let's just say I think my muscles are on strike and I'm pretty sure it brought me to tears but couldn't tell for sure because of the copious amounts of sweat. Yes, Level 2 is a butt-kicker.

I did a progress check to see where I was at after 10 days - I did have some small losses in terms of inches and about two pounds. Wasn't really thrilled or motivated by that unfortunately (simply because of the sheer effort required).

So once again, I have to remember that this isn't about the results, it's about following God. My eating is in good shape. I am working out. That's all I can do. I have found that the short term goal that the 30 day Shred offers has been nice, so that has been another lesson in this. Working out in this indefinite perpetual way doesn't work for me. I need a short-term goal. Right now - that goal is surviving the 30 Day Shred.

I'm thinking the next goal needs to be training for a 5K. I can't believe I actually wrote those words. You know how some things you "want" to do are the very things that terrify you the most. Yeah. that's about where I am at with the 5K. There's a local 5K race on June 13 that seems far enough away to be possible, yet close enough to have to work for.

Is God asking me to do it? I'm pretty sure the answer to that is yes.
Can I do it? With God all things are possible - however - still struggling with this one..

Cn a leopard change it's spots?
That is the question.

Labels: ,