Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Just Thinking...

Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on earth to do with such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling. ~Vincent Van Gogh

I love this quote but with respect to Mr. Van Gogh, I would want to change just one word - "becomes" should be "is".

You see, I do believe that we were put on earth for a grand purpose - and the only way to truly live out that purpose is to walk so closely with God that He guides you into it. I know I will write until the day I go home to be with Him because it is what I am supposed to do. What that look like may change over the years, so I choose to trust God with the doors He opens and with the doors that He closes.

Work can be a privilege.

I also realize that it is through writing that I communicate best. I can articlate better on a blog than I can in a "real" conversation. That just makes me different. We all have different ways we communicate best. I have a friend that throws get-togethers in her neighborhood to reach out to others. She communicates through her hospitality. I can't bring myself to do what she does, and that's okay, because we are both serving the kingdom of God.

I've moved on to page 6 of the screenplay today and it feels just like when you're making a snowman, when the ball you've formed can now be freely rolled around to create the foundation for the large ball at the bottom. It becomes easier to pack on the snow because just moving it around makes it all stick together.

I'm running into all sorts of questions as I go. I know what I want to do, but am not always sure of the proper format - I'm into following rules:-)

Anyhow, here's to passion!