Saturday, January 28, 2006


24-7 Prayer

Last night was the first night of Awaken the Dawn. Oh how I wish you all could have been there. You wouldn't have had anywhere to sit of course, since the place was packed out at more than 1,000 people, but I wish you could have caught a little taste of the passion of Pete Greig.

I want to gather my notes and give you some of the meat of what he talked about later but since I have to head back to the conference in just a little while, I'll tell you what I came away with:

Persevere.

We too often grow weary of praying, grow discouraged with the silence or lose faith that God is hearing us. But we can't do that - it is perseverence in prayer that proves our faith. No matter what the circumstances look like, we can trust God.

You see, I myself have been in a long season of silence. Praying about many things, yet nothing has changed, for a long time. The Word last night encouraged me because throughout this season I have felt God calling me to a deeper level of faith. Not always an easy thing for someone who can grow weary. I want to see progress and well, we just can't see faith rising. I have to trust that God is working in me for a reason - and persevere in the midst of it all.

So if you have grown weary of praying, look to God's face for a fresh perspective. God is always at work, even when we feel like He's forgotten about our circumstance. He hasn't. But He is probably more interested in our hearts than that circumstance.

We live in an amazing time. Our Bible Study has been looking at Esther - "for such a time as this".

It's no accident that you are who you are at this particular point in history. Nothing that happens to you takes God by surprise. But I know I need to learn to lean on Him alone. To not trust my eyes, but let my heart see my Father at work.

Faith is rising:-)

Check out Pete's Book: Red Moon Rising