Thursday, January 07, 2010


30 Day Shred (AKA It doesn't seem to get easier)

Completed Level 2/Day 3 just now and I haven't yet been able to add in cardio after this one. It's a tough workout. I think the second cardio circuit does me in and I never quite catch my breath after that. I can tell I'm taking less breaks - but I'm still taking them. I think Jack Bauer could easily add "planks" to his repertoire of torture.

But today was probably the hardest in terms of getting myself to workout. I learned my lesson last week when I took two days off in a row - so because I didn't manage to squeeze in a workout yesterday, I had to get it in today. I just wasn't feeling well, was tired, and just didn't want to be bothered.

Step 1 - I went and just got into the workout clothes.

By the time I do that, I may not be eager and excited to workout, but I am at least willing to tough it out. So again, yes, it's physically a tough workout - but the mental battle is SO much tougher.

My hope is in you Lord
My strength is in you Lord.

And now that the workout is done, I can go relax with my family instead of my workout hanging over my head.

Would all of this be easier if I understood why He's asked me to do this? I don't know. "It is better to obey God rather than man." this is not the first time, nor will it be the last time that God has asked me to do something without giving any further explanation other than "Obey." He is my Father, I am the daughter. He is the potter, I am the clay. Who am I to wonder why?

So while this whole thing - the food, the exercise - was once something that I played with like an occasional toy, it has become a mandate. One that I unfortunately ignored for a while (SO grateful for His mercy). That still, small voice - when He asks us to do something difficult, we are so much more likely to ignore it. But if we belong to Him, he'll keep whispering, keep wooing until we fall on our knees undone before him.

I am undone.
I am His.
So leaning on his strength, I'll obey...

Labels: , , ,