Thursday, October 14, 2010


Seasons Change


So Fall is beginning to arrive around here - the lush green leaves we've enjoyed all summer are putting on new clothes of orange, and yellow and some brilliant red. And the other day, I saw one of the most beautiful sunsets I think I have ever seen in my life.





The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1

I love that I live in a place where the seasons change, because it reminds me that we all have seasons of our lives - and that we can never hold onto one season so tightly that we miss out on the joys of the new season ahead.

Let me repeat that: We can never hold onto one season so tightly that we miss out on the joys of the new season ahead.

Embracing change is a bit hard for me. But we are never thrust into a new season without God first preparing us - and that is where I have been - for several years. It's been a long road. A hard road at times. But one where I have grown - and one that I know has been God's mercy and grace towards me.

But as sure as I smell Fall in the air around here, I sense a change coming for me. It's exhilarating. And terrifying. As it should be when we are fully in God's hands. The road ahead is one where I know I must rest in His wisdom - and His love - alone.

Yes, I know I'm being a bit cryptic. As I must right now. It's also why I have at times abandoned my little space here on the web. The last few years have been so full of things that I cannot yet share publicly. But now I am testing the waters - and seeing if it's time to return - in anticipation of the new season ahead.

One where I hope that as God unveils His plan, His beauty and goodness and mercy will be unveiled as well.