Wednesday, March 09, 2005


The Virus That Ate The Writer

Today is the first day I have even ventured up the stairs to where my computer is - and even that trip has me ready to take a nap. The doctor says it's not the flu, but some sort of virus. Well let me tell you that virus kicked my butt the last couple of days. I don't even remember the last time I felt that bad.

And, of course, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. Just when I shared about my deadlines and feeling overwhelmed I lose three days of work. But is there anything I can do about that? Well, no. So should I feel guilty about it? Well, no.

All I can do is to pick up where I left off and pray for the grace to meet my deadline. I haven't missed a deadline yet and I don't intend to start now. I have to remind myself that even if I'm surprised by the things that are dropped in my path, God is not, and He is able to sustain me.

So here's to grace - and a brain that isn't too mushy to think, and noses you can actually breathe through and well, you get the picture...