Thursday, May 19, 2005


Too Much Information!!

I will preface this post by saying that at 32, I don't consider myself an old dog. But learning new tricks is hard on me. I like things to be quick and easy and learning website design has been neither.

In the last six months I've learned to add content to my website, add a few graphics. Change some basic stuff. But the one thing I want on my website has sent me on this frustrating journey of website acronyms. Why does everything have to be initials? PHP, ASP, CGI, DNS, - I tell you I'm so lost I'm not sure I'll ever find my way out of this mess.

So after three days of staring at my computer, downloading and uninstalling programs I went out and bought one of those "Dummies books". Maybe if I learn to actually use my designing program - Dreamweaver MX - maybe I'll have a shot at learning what I need to do to make the website work like I want it to.

But did I mention there are like a hundred other things I need to be doing - namely - WRITING! I need proposals to my agent by the end of the month. I need to be submitting queries for three article ideas. I need to be cleaning my house!

But what am I doing? I'm trying to write up quizzes to add to my website.

I told my husband that if I try to shove any more information into my head I may just start babbling like my two-year old and sucking my thumb.

I sure hope it doesn't come to that!