Thursday, March 30, 2006


Ahhhh Spring! Achooo!


Finally! Today is supposed to get up to a beautiful 60 degrees. My three year old thinks that any warm weather is warn enough for the slip-n-slide. She doesn't really get the difference between 60 degrees and 80 degrees yet. I love spring. There's nothing like watching the world around you spring to life after a long winter. But as much as I like spring - it doesn't like me very much.

I am an allergy sufferer.

Me along with millions of others. I find myself looking for medication at night and first thing in the morning. Midday, I'm stuffed up and have decongestant on my mind. I feel like an addict.

But after years of not being able to take a decent antihistamine* , boy am I greatful to the brilliant minds that made that stuff! Even with the medications though, I feel kind of junky and I really just want to lay on the couch and watch movies. Who has time for that?

A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. We're re-financing our house today - I should be excited about it. But I'm sort of focused on finishing this and going to find my Claritin at the moment.

What also worries me is that in ONE WEEK I will be flying off to California for the Mount Hermon's Christian Writing Conference Do you know how many trees and flowers are out there? I'm a little concerned as to how the inside of my face is going to handle the influx of new and different pollens. I'm just hoping I can clear airport security with an entire pharmacy in my carry-on bag.

* You're not allowed to take antihistamines while pregnant and nursing - I was doing one or the other or both for close to six years. That's a whole other story.