Wednesday, April 05, 2006


I'm leavin'... on a jet plane

But I'll be back next week! Yes, folks, mama is flying the coop. The coop is only moderately clean and I'm worried the kids will eat nothing but McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A for the next six days but who cares! I get to go away and be me for a few days.

It is hard to leave in some ways. I don't really believe that anyone can take care of my kids as well as I can. But I am in desperate need of some refreshment. I get to go to a writers conference in the beautiful California Redwoods. I'm going a day early and I can't wait to go and just be with God in the quiet. There's nothing like being around other writers to get me to remember why I love being one. I can forget sometimes in the midst of potty-training, laundry and trips to the grocery store. I love being a wife and mom and wouldn't trade it for anything. But I also love being a writer because it's part of who God has created me to be.

So it will be quiet around here for a few days but they'll be plenty to talk about when I return.

Hasta La Vista!