Sunday, July 02, 2006


America!


So it was a few days early but a local chuch here had their Fourth of July celebration last night. Moon bounces for the kids, music and lots of fireworks. Good times!

I know it's kind of corny but they played a song last night. I'm sure you know it.

God Bless the USA

The chorus is:
And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

And I do love this land. With all of our debates and difficulties, squabbling and bickering, we are blessed to live here.

And this weekend, like most of you, I'm just reminded of that blessing as I watch the fireworks burst in the sky.

Happy Fourth of July!!