Sunday, November 26, 2006


The Nano Psych Ward

Research killed the muse.

I spend one weekend researching for my novel. One weekend where I didn't write, I simply absorbed...and what happened?

I got behind. Way, way behind.

I'm like a runner who is unsure whether to keep plugging forward or plop in the grass and give up.

Sprint to the finish?

Write like a crazy person?

Hmmm, what could I do to keep the kids busy until Thursday? Giving them all the presents stowed safely in the closet would work, but then that would ruin Christmas (and force me back into the mob-infested stores).

What to do?

What? Quit writing in my blog and get back to the story? Oh yeah, that would probably be smart...

Here's to nano - and the padded room and giant margarita I'm gonna need when it's all over with.

Did I just admit to drinking the occasional Margarita? Great, now I'll never be published again in the CBA.