Saturday, April 29, 2006


I Dream of Panini

Wouldn't that be a great title for something? I have to use that one day for something other than a blog post. And this post is indeed about Paninis. I've gotten kind of hooked on Lean Cuisine's new Panini sandwiches. Pop them in the microwave and in a mere 3 minutes and fifteen seconds you have a hot and melty sandwich.

And today they were on sale for 1/2 price at Giant. I love 1/2 price specials. What mom of three kids doesn't like sales. Only I can never find the Paninis! That shelf is always cleared out - all three varieties (I don not eat the ones with mushrooms - mushrooms are evil & nasty things) completely missing from the freezer case. And it's not just like that on sale weeks. No. I must not be the only person who likes them because they are always gone.

I know I'm in a rut. I have other Lean Cuisine meals I could pop in the microwave, but frankly I feel like pouting over not having my favorite one. I tend to like something a lot for a while and then I get tired of it and move onto something else. There has been a long line of food casualities over the years, abondoned to my short attention span. But never have I had such a difficult time buying the thing I liked.

I think there should be some sort of Panini limit. I mean, it's not fair to the rest of us if some people are stock piling Paninis - don't you agree? And yet, if I find them again - on the shelf- I'm going to be sorely tempted to buy them out too! I realize that my lack of paninis is hardly a crisis, not even worth having a rant over - and yet I feel compelled to.

I could even attach some spiritual lesson over it if I wanted to think about - but it's Saturday night and the brain seems to have taken a vacation.

So you're stuck with Paninis for tonight. Or not stuck with them as the case may be.

P.S.- For those of you who have graciously been praying for my daughter, I will post the pics tomorrow so you can see her progress. She's doing much better - but I'm still watching that wound on her forehead very closely to see how it heals. So join with us and keep praying that it heals so well no one will even be able to see where it was:-) Thanks.